Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Dick Despommier Guest: Saul Silverstein
Vincent, Dick, and Saul talk about discoveries in virology that have had a major impact on the field.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #17 (37 MB .mp3, 57 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Sem•i•nal (adjective): strongly influencing later developments.
- Note: There are two HPV vaccines on the market: Gardasil (quadrivalent, types 6, 11, 16, 18) and Cervarix (bivalent, types 16 and 18).Gates Foundation donates to polio eradication effort.
- Testing a bivalent oral poliovirus vaccine in India.
- We played a clip from net@night episode 83.
- I wrote about Jonathan Swift’s ‘Animalcules’ on virology blog.
Science blog of the week: Research Blogging
Science podcast pick of the week: Boston Museum of Science podcast
Science book of the week: The Lives of a Cell: Notes of a Biology Watcher by Lewis Thomas
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.