Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dick Despommier, Alan Dove, and Max Gottesman
Vincent, Dick, Alan, and Max Gottesman discuss an unusual wasp-virus symbiosis, influenza transmission and absolute humidity, how mosquitoes survive Dengue virus infection, and viruses of bacteria.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #21 (38 MB .mp3, 55 minutes)
- Unusual wasp-virus symbiosis
- Absolute humidity modulates influenza virus transmission, survival, and seasonality
- How mosquitoes survive Dengue virus infection
- Little Lambda, Who Made Thee?
- Structure of HK97 procapsid
Science blog of the week: BioJobBlog by Cliff Mintz
Science podcast pick of the week: Distillations – a weekly science podcast that brings you extracts from the past, present, and future of chemistry
Science book of the week: The Life of a Virus by Andrea Creager
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.