Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dick Despommier, Alan Dove, and Eric F. Donaldson
Vincent, Dick, Alan, and Eric F. Donaldson discuss a new test for influenza H5N1, poliovirus in Minnesota, Koala retrovirus, batteries made from viruses, and SARS.
Sponsor: Try GotoMyPC free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomypc.com/podcast
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #28 (51 MB .mp3, 74 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- New rapid test for influenza H5N1 based on PDZ binding. Definition of ELISA.
- Poliovirus isolated from Minnesotan (article 1 and 2)
- Koala retrovirus: Japan story and review article
- Batteries made from viruses (cathode and anode). Image of phage M13.
- iMoleBuilder (iTunes link and review at Sunset Lake Software)
- Discovery of Norwalk virus
- Regulatin’ Genes (YouTube link)
Science blog of the week: The Great Beyond by Nature
Science podcast pick of the week: Sorting Out Science
Science book of the week: A Slot Machine, A Broken Test Tube by S.E. Luria (out of print – check your library)
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com