Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dick Despommier, Alan Dove, and Rich Condit
Vincent, Dick, Alan and Rich Condit chat about infectious salmon anemia virus, virus-resistant grapevines, virulence of pandemic H1N1 influenza virus, origin of 1918 influenza virus, holy water ban to halt influenza, frequency of human WU and KI polyomavirus infection, rabies in China, and host species of sin nombre virus.
Sponsor: Try GotoMyPC free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomypc.com/podcast
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #41 (51 MB .mp3, 73 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Wal-Mart stops buying Chile salmon on virus outbreak
- Virus-resistant grapevines
- Virulence of H1N1 pandemic influenza virus in animal models
- Did 1918 influenza virus originate in birds or not?
- Holy water ban to halt swine flu
- Frequent Human Infection with WU and KI Polyomaviruses
- Rabies in China
- Increased Host Species Diversity and Decreased Prevalence of Sin Nombre Virus
- Fast, cheap PCR for crime scenes (thanks Jim!)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast