Hosts:Vincent Racaniello and Dick Despommier
Vincent and Dick continue Virology 101 with a discussion of the seven different types of viral genomes, and how to use the pathway to mRNA to understand viral replication.
Sponsor: Try GotoMyPC free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomypc.com/podcast
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #49 (45 MB .mp3, 62 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- TWiV 49 transcript (pdf)
- Dick talks about hookworm on Radio Lab
- Dick’s video page at BigThink
- The seven types of viral genome
- Animation of HIV replication (thanks axiomatically atypical!)
- Changes in transcript abundance relating to colony collapse disorder in honey bee (thanks Judi!)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also send articles that you would like us to discuss to delicious and tagging them with to:twivpodcast.