Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Jason Rodriguez
Vincent and Jason review influenza 2009 H1N1 vaccine trials and protection against the virus conferred by the 1976 swine flu vaccine, then move on to a virus called XMRV and its possible role in prostate cancer.
Sponsor: Try GotoMyPC free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomypc.com/podcast
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #50 (54 MB .mp3, 74 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- One dose of influenza 2009 H1N1 vaccine without adjuvant is enough
- Partially completed study on influenza 2009 H1N1 vaccine with MF59 adjuvant
- 1976 swine flu vaccine induces cross-reactive antibodies against influenza 2009 H1N1 strain
- Explanation of hemagglutination-inhibition and microneutralization assays
- FDA approves influenza 2009 H1N1 vaccine
- XMRV is present in malignant prostatic epithelium and is associated with prostate cancer
- Identification of a novel gammaretrovirus in prostate tumors
- CDC page on Guillain-Barré syndrome
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also send articles that you would like us to discuss to delicious and tagging them with to:twivpodcast.