Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dick Despommier, Alan Dove, and Cliff Mintz
Vincent, Dick, Alan, and Cliff answer questions from listeners on swine influenza origins, transmission, virulence, and vaccines, HIV and AIDS, and more.
Sponsor: Try GotoMyPC free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomypc.com/podcast
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #56 (57 MB .mp3, 82 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Physicists propose ‘Schrödinger’s Virus‘ experiment (thanks Duncan)
- Nanoparticle adjuvant (ScienceDaily and Journal of Controlled Release – thanks Jim)
- Hand washing won’t stop H1N1 at Newsweek (thanks Jim)
- Newsweek’s virus quiz
- TWiV timeline (download .m4v file – thanks Ricardo)
- Sanjay Gupta’s H1N1 experience (thanks Lenn)
- Swine flu vaccine fear mongering at eSkeptic (thanks Jesper)
- Flu transmission and humidity (letter from Joe)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also send articles that you would like us to discuss to delicious and tagging them with to:twivpodcast.