Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, and Rich Condit
Vincent, Alan, and Rich talk about US government contract for freeze-dried smallpox vaccine, red squirrels in the UK threatened by poxvirus, and Marseillevirus, another DNA virus from amoebae built for comfort and speed.
Sponsor: Try GotoMyPC free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomypc.com/podcast
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #63 (64 MB .mp3, 89 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- US Government awards contract to Bavarian Nordic for freeze-dried smallpox vaccine (pdf and clinical trial)
- UK red squirrels threatened by poxvirus: news article one and two, epidemiology and experimental infection
- Another huge virus from amoebae (Wired article, PNAS article, review article)
- Discussion on rabies bait vaccine at virology blog, and status of the program
- List of human viral diseases (pdf)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.