Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, and Rich Condit
Vincent, Alan, and Rich are enthralled by movies of vaccinia virus plaque formation, then consider how repulsion of superinfection virions leads to rapid virus spread, and a therapeutic prostate cancer vaccine.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc. Use the promotion code VINCENT to receive $50 off a Drobo or $100 off a Drobo S.
Win a free Drobo S! Contest rules here.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #68 (58 MB .mp3, 80 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Rapid virus spread by repulsion of superinfection virions
- Movie of vaccinia virus plaque formation (.mov)
- Movie of GFP-vaccinia virus plaque formation (.mov)
- More amazing vaccinia virus movies
- Prostate cancer vaccine (Reuters article, original research)
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.