Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Alan Dove
Vincent and Alan review recent findings on the association of the retrovirus XMRV with ME/CFS, reassortment of 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus in swine, and where influenza viruses travel in the off-season.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #89 (56 MB .mp3, 78 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Conflicting XMRV papers on hold
- Leak of PNAS paper
- CDC study on XMRV in CFS patients (Retrovirology) and Science update
- Where influenza viruses travel in the off season (EurekaAlert! and PLoS Pathogens)
- NPR article on Ebola siRNA treatment (thanks, Andreas!)
- Priming mechanism for reovirus entry (thanks, Agyeman-Badu!)
- Wired article on science PR (thanks, Dan!)
- Letters read on TWiV 89
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.