Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Eric F. Donaldson
Vincent, Alan, Rich and Eric discuss identification of viruses in Northeastern American bats, vaccinia virus infection after sexual contact with a military vaccinee, and identification of a new flavivirus from an Old World bat in Bangladesh.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #90 (64 MB .mp3, 89 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Vaccinia virus infection after sexual contact with vaccinee
- Smallpox vaccination overview
- Smallpox vaccine lesions (jpg)
- Smallpox hospital, Roosevelt Island, NY (photo 1, photo 2)
- Isolation of a flavivirus from bats in Bangladesh (PLoS Pathogens)
- Review on hepatitis G virus
- Dickson has been teaching at Singularity University and fishing in Bozeman MT (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiV 90
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.