Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Ila Singh
Vincent, Alan, and Rich speak with Ila Singh about the new human retrovirus XMRV, and how her laboratory is studying its association with prostate cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #94 (56 MB .mp3, 77 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- CFIDS Association of America
- Discovery of XMRV (PLoS Pathogens)
- Detection of XMRV in CFS patients (Science)
- Presence of XMRV in malignant prostate (PNAS)
- Inhibition of XMRV by raltegravir (PLoS One)
- Letters read on TWiV 94
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.