Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Peter Sarnow, and Bert Semler
During a trip to California, Vincent visited Peter Sarnow and Bert Semler and spoke with them about their work on internal ribosome entry, and the requirement for a cellular microRNA for hepatitis C virus replication.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #97 (66 MB .mp3, 91 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Eukaryotic mRNAs that might contain an IRES (PNAS)
- Modulation of HCV RNA abundance by a liver-specific microRNA (Science)
- Viral small RNAs (PLoS Pathogens)
- Bridging IRES elements to the translation apparatus (Biochim Biophys Acta)
- A nucleo-cytoplasmic SR protein functions in viral IRES mediated translation (EMBO J)
- Nuclear vs cytoplasmic routes to IRES mediated translation (Trends in Microbiology)
- Letter read on TWiV 97
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.