Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, and Rich Condit
Vincent, Alan, and Rich review the making of a virulent poxvirus by insertion of the gene encoding IL-4, and severe 2009 H1N1 influenza due to pathogenic immune complexes.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #112 (71 MB .mp3, 98 minutes). To download, right-click or control-click on the link, then select save as.
Links for this episode:
- Expression of IL-4 makes a killer poxvirus
- Additional studies on poxvirus-IL-4 recombinants
- Creation of killer poxvirus could have been predicted
- Interleukin regulation of Th responses
- Severe pandemic H1N1 disease due to immune complexes
- Unusually high influenza mortality in 18-65 years old
- The complement system
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 112
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.