Vincent, Rich, Alan and Gabriel review the production of antibodies by B cells, and how high affinity antibodies are selected in the germinal centers of lymph nodes.
Please help us by taking our listener survey.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 161 (71 MB .mp3, 118 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- An antibody molecule (png)
- Antibodies (virology blog)
- Germinal center dynamics revealed by two photon microscopy (Cell)
- Two photon microscopy (Wikipedia)
- Gabriel Victora on piano (YouTube)
- Propose an ASM General Meeting session
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 161
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.