Michael and the TWiV team review epidemiology basics, including fatality ratios.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 169 (64 MB .mp3, 152 minutes).
Right-click this link to download only our discussion on how to read a science paper (22 MB .mp3, 30 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- How to read a science paper – from this episode (mp3)
- How to read a science paper – transcript (pdf)
- Michael’s blog and podcast
- Epidemiology literature critique (PowerPoint)
- Seven mistakes in epidemiology (ETE)
- Snow cholera map
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 169
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Simon – The Great Mortality by John Kelly
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.