Alan, Rich, and Dickson discuss Edward Jenner’s paper on cowpox vaccine, then move 200 years later to modern vaccines against norovirus, influenza H5N1, and more.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 170 (72 MB .mp3, 100 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Norton Zinder, 83 (Reuters)
- Jenner’s cowpox vaccine paper (Bartleby, Gutenberg)
- Norovirus VLP vaccine (NEJM)
- Plant-grown H5N1 VLP vaccine (Reuters, PLoS One)
- Plant-grown norovirus VLP
- Hexavalent pediatric vaccine
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 170
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Jim – The Blind Spot
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.