The TWiVites discuss seroevidence for human infection with avian influenza H5N1, and the discovery of a new influenza virus in Guatemalan bats.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 173 (85 MB .mp3, 117 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Seroevidence for human H5N1 infection (Science)
- Mammalian-transmissible H5N1 (mBio)
- New information about ferret-adapted H5N1 (NY Times, virology blog)
- New influenza virus from fruit bats (PNAS)
- Elsevier abandons open access assault (The Scientist)
- Le virus le plus dangereux?
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 173
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Judi – NSF visualization challenge
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.