Vincent, Alan, and Rich consider whether pet dogs might transmit human noroviruses, and an RNA virus microRNA that might be involved in oncogenesis.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 174 (62 MB .mp3, 86 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Do pet dogs transmit human norovirus? (J Clin Virol)
- RNA virus miRNA that mimics oncomiR (PNAS)
- MicroRNA expression by an RNA virus (PNAS)
- Lab safety stickers jpg (thanks, Jon!)
- Amateur virologists (Zimmer, NY Times)
- Genome at home (Wired)
- Barbergators sing national anthem (YouTube)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 174
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.