Vincent, Alan, and Matt discuss herpes simplex encephalitis in children with innate immune deficiency, and the local response to microneedle-based influenza skin immunization.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 175 (57 MB .mp3, 80 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Herpes encephalitis in children with TRIF deficiency (J Clin Inv)
- Toll-like receptor and cytosolic pattern recognition receptors
- Skin responses to influenza microneedle vaccine (mBio)
- Fluzone intradermal influenza vaccine
- QDot nanocrystal technology
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 175
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Jane –Smoking Ears and Screaming Teeth by Trevor Norton
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.