Vincent, Alan, and Matt discuss herpes simplex encephalitis in children with innate immune deficiency, and the local response to microneedle-based influenza skin immunization.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 175 (57 MB .mp3, 80 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Herpes encephalitis in children with TRIF deficiency (J Clin Inv)
- Toll-like receptor and cytosolic pattern recognition receptors
- Skin responses to influenza microneedle vaccine (mBio)
- Fluzone intradermal influenza vaccine
- QDot nanocrystal technology
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 175
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Jane -Smoking Ears and Screaming Teeth by Trevor Norton
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.