A discussion of avian influenza H5N1 transmission experiments in ferrets and novel bunyaviruses at the 2012 Spring Conference of the Society for General Microbiology in Dublin, Ireland.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 177 (47 MB .mp3, 66 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Restricted data on H5N1 transmission (Science)
- Novel bunyavirus in China (NEJM and TWiV 127)
- Ten things about Schmallenberg virus (Microbiology Bytes)
- NSABB reverses decision on H5N1 papers (virology blog)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 177
- Video of this episode – view below or download:
iPod/iPhone (768 megs | .m4v)
Apple TV (768 megs | .m4v)
DivX (493 megs | .divx)
WMV (214 megs | .wmv)
MPEG-4 (677 megs | .mp4)
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.