Vincent, Alan, and Rich review association of an interferon-induced protein with severe influenza, and stabilization of HCV RNA by a microRNA.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 180 (71 MB .mp3, 99 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- IFITM3 and severe influenza (Nature)
- Genetics of flu susceptibility (EurekAlert!)
- Stabilization of HCV RNA by Ago2-miR-122 (PNAS)
- Clinical trial of anti-mIR-122
- Sandman on H5N1
- Hu’s on first (jpg) and original (YouTube)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 180
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Mark – The Secret Life of Plankton (YouTube)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.