Vincent, Alan, and Rich answer listener email about bioinformatics, insects, influenza, laboratory classes, commensalism, reproducibility of data, and more.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 192 (84 MB .mp3, 117 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Vaccinia virus sequence from patient with vaccine complication (pdf)
- The evolution of intellectual freedom (thanks, Robin!)
- Free access to British scientific research (Guardian)
- xTAG respiratory viral panel
- Houston rabies case (Statesman)
- Tertulia (Wikipedia)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 192
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.