Vincent, Alan, and Rich celebrate the 200th episode of TWiV by visiting the National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories at Boston University Medical Center, where they meet with Elke, Paul, and Ron to talk about building and working in a BSL4 facility.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 200 (72 MB .mp3, 100 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Threading the NEIDL video – Inside a BSL-4
- The NEIDL
- NEIDL goes public (BU Today)
- Biosafety levels (Wikipedia)
- Select agents (Wikipedia)
- NEIDL stalled (Boston Business J)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 200
- Behind the scenes at TWiV 200
- Video of this episode – view below
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Luis – VBORNET maps
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.